In order to study this module you must have successfully completed MA in Art History part 1 (A843)
If you have any doubt about the suitability of the module, please speak to an adviser.
The following texts are recommended as preliminary reading for this module:
- Anderson, Benedict, (2006) Imagined Communities, London & New York, Verso (E-book, online via the OU Library)
- Aynsley, J. and Grant, C. (eds) (2006) Imagined interiors: representing the domestic interior since the Renaissance, London: V&A Publication.
- Boswell, David & Jessica Evans, eds., (1999) Representing the Nation: A Reader, London and New York, Routledge in association with The Open University
- Conway, H. and Roenisch, R. (2004), Understanding Architecture, An introduction to architecture and architectural history, London, Routledge. 2nd ed.
- Elkins, J. & Naef, M. (eds.) 2011. What is an Image?, University Park, Pennsylvania State University Press.
- Moxey, K. (2013). Visual Time. The Image in History, Durham and London, Duke University Press.
- Mumford, L (1961, 1987), The City in History: Its Origins, Its Transformations and Its Prospects, London, Penguin.
- Schama, S. (2004) Landscape and Memory, London : Harper Perennial.