What if I need some adjustments to help my studies?
If you have any challenges that affect the way you study, the way we need to communicate with you or the way you access study materials, then we want to know about them. We can provide a range of adjustments so that you can make the most of your studies with us. For example:
- We can give you access to recorded versions of tutorials for you to watch back.
- Your tutor can contact you by a specific method, for example by email rather than by phone.
- Your tutor can give you proactive reminders of your module assessment deadlines.
- Most modules have transcripts of any audio-visual materials as standard.
- If your course has a face-to-face tutorial, your tutor can ensure the session is inclusive to your needs. These can include avoiding exercises that involve writing on white boards, reading aloud or activities that require moving around a room.
In all these examples, as with most of the support we offer, you don't need to provide any medical evidence or have an official diagnosis
. Once you’ve registered as a student, you just need to get in touch with our friendly Student Support Team in Wales and we’ll take it from there.
Even if you don’t know which support could be helpful to you, please get in touch with us and we can make some suggestions.