How much will it cost?
We believe cost shouldn’t be a barrier to achieving your potential. That’s why we work hard to keep the cost of study as low as possible and have a wide range of flexible ways to pay to help spread the cost.
- Fees are paid on a module-by-module basis – you won’t have to pay for the whole of your qualification up front.
- A qualification comprises a series of modules, each with an individual fee. Added together, they give you the total cost.
- Our current fee for 30 credits at undergraduate level is £1,584* and for 60 credits it’s £3,168*.
- Our current fee for 30 credits at postgraduate level is between £1,290* and £1,475* and for 60 credits it’s £2,580.
- At current prices, the total cost of your qualification starts from £24,353*.
*The fee information provided here is valid for modules starting before 31 July 2022. Fees normally increase annually in line with inflation and the University’s strategic approach to fees.
There may be extra costs on top of the tuition fee, such as a computer and internet access. If your income is not more than £25,000 or you are in receipt of a qualifying benefit, you might be eligible for help with some of these costs after you start studying.
This qualification has:
- a compulsory module (SXF206) that has two field schools you must attend, and for which you must pay an additional charge1
- modules with optional field schools/lab schools, for which you must pay an additional charge1.
1See module descriptions for further information.
You must also pay for your travel to and from the venue.
Due to the ongoing pandemic, we may replace face-to-face events with online alternatives.
Ways to pay for your qualification and other support
We know there’s a lot to think about when choosing to study, not least how you can pay. That’s why we offer a wide range of flexible payment and funding options to help make study more affordable than you might think. Options include Part-Time Tuition Fee Loans (also known as student loans), monthly payment plans and employer sponsorship.
Visit our Fees and funding page for a summary of the funding options available.
Please note: your permanent address/domicile will affect your fee status and therefore the fees you are charged and any financial support available to you.