We love how diverse and multi-national our culture is, especially the benefits this brings to individual academic diversity and our research community. The OU welcomes international students looking to undertake a research degree in the UK.
Our Student Route license
The OU is licensed as a Student Route sponsor under the points-based immigration system. This means we can register students coming from outside the UK.
Details of the requirements for entry to the UK as a postgraduate research student are on the Gov.uk general student visa website. The UK Council for International Student Affairs also offers support with applying for a Student Route visa, as well as other issues affecting international students.
Support for international students
Coming to the UK to start a degree programme is an exciting opportunity. We’ll help you settle into your new life, both in Milton Keynes and at The OU. Whether you need information, advice, or support, you’ll get:
- advice on finding accommodation in the UK
- assistance in opening a UK bank account
- general advice for living in the UK
- a dedicated induction session for first-year international students
- on acceptance of an offer to study with us, we can issue a confirmation of acceptance (CAS) for study.
If you need additional information on any of the support we can offer you, get in contact with our Graduate School Team.