Research in physics within the School of Physical Sciences falls into the following main research themes:
- Cold atoms for quantum technology
- Computational molecular physics
- Molecular clusters
- Physics education
- Plasma science
- Theory of condensed matter and biophysics
- Our work is at the forefront of modern science, and we featured in submissions to RAE2008 and REF 2014
- Research is funded by industry and by national and international funding agencies, including the European Union
- Research students are recruited both nationally (some grants are restricted to UK nationals) and internationally
Researchers within the Physics Research Group have a suite of state-of-the-art laboratories on the OU campus. They also have access to the university’s IMPACT computing cluster and external computing facilities.
If you have an enquiry specific to this research area please contact:
- Administrative support
- +44 (0)1908 858253
For general enquiries please contact the Research Degrees Team via the link
under 'Your Questions' on the right of the page.
Research publications by Open University staff are available through
Open Research Online
(ORO), the university's repository of research publications and other research
outputs. ORO can be searched or browsed by staff name or subject.
The following list, generated from ORO, provides a flavour of the most recently
published work in Physics