This postgraduate-level microcredential is suitable for individuals working in or aspiring to work within an educational or home education setting, professional learning settings, or those aiming to enhance their teaching practice. You will ideally have:
- a bachelors degree or equivalent and
- experience in an educational setting, such as early years, primary school, special school, secondary school, further education college, EOTAS/alternative educational provision, informal education settings, higher education, or professional learning environments.
- Experience working in an education setting is not essential, as case studies will be presented and can be used as a basis for reflections.
- If you do not have a degree or equivalent level qualification, you may find the postgraduate level assessment challenging.
- All teaching is in English, and your English proficiency needs to be adequate for postgraduate study. As a guide, this corresponds to Level 7 of the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). However, you won’t need to provide a formal English language score to enrol.
This 12-week course requires approximately 12.5 hours of self-paced learning per week, totalling around 150 hours for completion.