The World Cup is big business. Test your knowledge of just how much revenue is involved in the World Cup by answering our quiz questions. Post your answers and/or any comments using the ‘leave a reply’ box at the bottom of this page (sorry – no prizes for correct answers!). The answers will be available on this site tomorrow.
(1) How many people worldwide watched the 2010 World Cup Finals?
A) 1.2 billion
B) 2.2 billion
C) 3.2 billion
(2) How much can ITV charge advertisers for a single 30-second spot shown during an England group game shown exclusively on ITV?
(3) How much are tourists visiting Brazil for the World Cup expected to spend?
A) £6.6 billion
B) £2.2 billion
C) £4.4 billion
(4) How much prize money will the nations competing in this years’ World Cup share?
A) $101 million
B) $353 million
C) $576 million
(5) What bonus will each German squad player receive if they win this years’ World Cup?
A) 100,000 euros
B) 300,000 euros
(6) How much did the English FA estimate that they would lose if the national team failed to qualify for the 2014 World Cup?
A) £100 million
B) £50 million
C) £10 million
If you’re interested in the business of football you may wish to study our new BA (Hons) Business Management (Sport and Football) degree.