You don’t need any prior digital transformation knowledge to join this course, although any work experience will enhance and contextualise your learning.
It’s suitable for those who are new to digital transformation who want to build their knowledge and skillset, those who want to develop a digital transformation plan for an organisation or client, and more experienced practitioners who want to cement their knowledge of the latest trends.
The content in this course is suitable for a global audience and the skills you learn can be applied in a wide range of roles and types of organisations, from small businesses to global multinationals, whether in the public or third sector, large corporates, or SMEs.
If you'd like to discuss the suitability of the course, please contact us.
Please note: This is one of six courses in a series that are designed to build on one another. If you’re new to digital transformation and plan to study more than one course, it’s recommended you take them in the following order:
- Introduction to digital transformation
- Digital transformation foundations
- Digital transformation readiness
- Digital transformation performance
- Digital transformation design thinking
- Data in digital transformation.
This course will take around 32 hours to complete and you can learn at your own pace. As a guide, if you set aside four hours per week, it would take eight weeks to complete.
You can begin learning at any time. You will have a minimum of six months and up to 18 months to complete the course, depending on your registration date.
Can you study an Access module for free?
In order to qualify, you must:
- be resident in England
- have a personal income of less than £25,000 (or receive qualifying benefits)
- have not completed one year or more on any full-time undergraduate programme at FHEQ level 4 or above, or completed 30 credits or more of OU study
How to apply to study an Access module for free
Once you've started the registration process, either online or over the phone, we'll contact you about your payment options. This will include instructions on how you can apply to study for free if you are eligible.
If you're unsure if you meet the criteria to study for free, you can check with one of our friendly advisers on +44 (0)300 303 0069 or you can request a call back.
Not eligible to study for free?
Don't worry! We offer a choice of flexible ways to help spread the cost of your Access module. The most popular options include:
- monthly payments through OUSBA
- part-time tuition fee loan (you'll need to be registered on a qualification for this option)
To explore all the options available to you, visit Fees and Funding.