To be eligible, you’ll need to be registered and have funding in place for your chosen course as well as meeting the eligibility criteria.
This bursary is aimed at groups of students who are under-represented at The Open University, to ensure that the OU reflects the whole of our society. Therefore, in order to be eligible you must meet both sets of criteria detailed below.
1. You must meet all
of the following criteria:
2. You must also meet at least two
- Have a gross household income of not more than £25,000 per year or be in receipt of a qualifying benefit.
- Be ordinarily resident in the UK.
- Be new to the OU – you will not be eligible if our records indicate you have taken any credit-bearing modules, including Access modules, at any point.
- Be registered towards an undergraduate qualification.
- Completed your enrolment on your first Open University module, have your funding in place, and have started study by day 14 of module start.
- Be studying a minimum of 30 credits per year.
- Hold no existing higher education qualification.
of the following:
- Have a declared disability.
- Be from an ethnic minority.
- Be a care leaver within the last five years.
- Be a female intending to study a science, technology, engineering or maths (STEM) qualification.
- Be a male intending to study nursing or subjects allied to medicine, arts, social science, law, education or languages qualification.
Full details of the terms and conditions
and frequently asked questions
can be found by clicking on the links.